SPListConstraints is a list constraints feature for SharePoint 2007 & WSS 3. The feature includes
several list constraint the user can put on the list.
- Unique key constraint: Restrict field (or multiple fields) value to be unique (like SQL unique index).
- Foreign key constraint: Restrict field (or multiple fields) value to values that already exist in another list (like SQL foreign key).
- Data validation constraint: Restrict field value in relation to other fields (e.g. Name = Title). Supported field types: Number, Date, Currency (all other fields will be compared as string).
- Maximal items count contraint: Restrict the number of items allowed in the list.
- Format validation constraint: Restrict field value to fit a regular expression.
- Special flags:
- Server: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (WSS 3.0 or SharePoint 2007)
List constraints menu item
List constraints Settings
- Workflows - If a workflow action changes list data so it overrides a constraint - the constraint enforcement will cause the workflow to return an error.
- Upgrade - If after upgrading SPListConstraints the constraints are not enforced - Enable/Disable the SPListContraints feature.
- Footprint - Settings of SPListContraints are deleted only when the users removes the constraints. The settings will not be removed on feature Activate/Deactivate (this is done to allow smoother upgrade).
- Unique Key constraint: when updating an item, if there was a duplication before the item was editted, the constraint will not be enforced (it will be enforced if one of the fields of the contraint will be changed in the item).
- Unique Key constraint: always enforced on all the folders in the list
Download it now!