SPElements Logo

Lightbox for SharePoint

Few weeks ago a user posted a comment on the forum stating that a Lightbox webpart for SharePoint didn’t work with SPSlideShow. After some checking, it looked like there’s no go solution since Lightbox is based on a JavaScript which is incompatible with the one used in SPSlideShow. Our solution: a new, free, Lightbox clone (milkbox) based web part: SPElements Picture Gallery.

SPElements Picture Gallery works with Picture Library and displays clickable thumbnails gallery from the pictures in the library, which can either: (a) create lightbox-like popup, (b) open the image in the browser or (c) open the image item. All configurable by the SharePoint webpart administrator.

Picture Gallery WebPart

6 Responses to “Lightbox for SharePoint”

1. robin says:

Where I work we are not able to use a SharePoint installer but we can import webparts. Is it possible to provide a webpart solution we can upload and select?

2. admin says:

You need to be SharePoint administrator to install Web Parts. Installing Web Parts with-out SharePoint installer is probably better since you got more control, but it’s a bit more complicated. Search the web for: how to install wsp stsadm
    Here’s a reference I found: http://littletalk.wordpress.com/2008/12/16/steps-to-install-wsp-file-in-stsadm/
    You can check also here: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/sharepoint/WssPictureThumbnails.aspx (search for STSADM).

3. --david says:

How are you getting four images at once? I just get a single slide show…

4. admin says:

It’s a different web part. The slide show is SPSlideShow, the Lightbox thumbnails is ‘SPElements Picture Gallery’ web part.

5. Ahsan says:

Thnks for your excellent work. Well, I need source code for “SPElements Picture Gallery”. I have to modify thumbnail view as will as pop-up slide show to add additional information.

Please send me link to download source code or forward to my email address.

6. admin says:

At the moment the code is not ready to be released. Maybe after v1.0 this web part will be open source too.