SPElements Logo

Slide show web part for SharePoint

It has been a while since the creation of the SPSlideShow web part, but I haven’t wrote the story behind it. At the time I was looking for a slide show web part, and I found few, even open source, but ALL of them were Flash or SilverLight based. SilverLight is good but not every enterprise got it installed, and Flash, well, I try to avoid Flash when I can, too many versions, with far too many unique problems (try using Flash 9.0.16 on IE6).

Anyhow I found this very good slide show JavaScript, and wrote a small wrapper web part around it (SPSlideShow). I think the end result is as good as good any Flash/SilverLight web parts, if not better.

p.s. use the forum for bug reports.

Tags: , ,

6 Responses to “Slide show web part for SharePoint”

1. --david says:

Is there a way to chsnge the size of the picture shown within the javascript? I tried editing several height/width settings, but none seemed to make a difference. Any ideas?

2. admin says:

No idea. SPSlideShow image resize is done on the SharePoint, not the client side. You might try looking around on the web.

3. Joyce says:

I also would like to know how to remove the margins between the slideshow and the actual thumbnail. It currently has a black background and shows on both sides of the image. How can we get rid of the black margins that show up on both sides?

4. admin says:

You need to tweak tha java script that came with SPSlideShow, try looking in the forum, there are few people who done similar things.

5. Hugh says:

Would like to know if there is a way to have the image directed to a specific landing page if the user clicks on the image.

6. Hugh says:

Would like to know if there is a way if the user clicks on the image it will direct them to a pre-defined landing page?